Knowledge Building International (KBI) was incorporated July 2012 as a non-for-profit membership-based corporation, with the intention to serve the knowledge building community of innovators and researchers, and dedicated to advancing research, practice, and public awareness of knowledge building.
- To promote collaboration among education and training practitioners, researchers, and engineers in the design of effective methods for building capacity for the creation of new knowledge.
- To promote application of the concepts of “knowledge creation” and “knowledge building” in educational and professional development contexts;
- To support the engagement of learners of all kinds and levels in authentic knowledge creation;
- To develop theory, pedagogy, and technology for assessing skills and abilities employed in knowledge creation;
- To designate and collaborate closely with schools and other organizations in various countries to establish “hubs of innovation” in education for knowledge creation.