We invite paper submissions in two lengths: long (3000 to 4000 words); short (2000 to 3000 words). We also encourage poster presentations--both paper- and video-based Knowledge Building high points or commentaries from teachers, students and administrators. These should include a 300 word abstract.
Relevant topics for the papers and posters include but are not limited to the following:
• Theoretical models of knowledge creation
• Practices that support knowledge building and deep understanding
• Technological advances that support deep and creative work with knowledge
• Professional development strategies to facilitate initiating students and workers into knowledge building
• Macro-level strategies to support scale-up (e.g. School Board, Ministry of Education)
• Analyses of deep and creative work with ideas
An on-line system is being used to receive and review your submissions. The system will remain open until June 8. Please see below for other dates to remember.
April 13, 2007 -- On-line system for submissions is open
June 8, 2007 -- Deadline for Submissions for Presentations
June 22, 2007 -- Acceptance notification
June 29, 2007 -- Deadline for early registration
July 5, 2007 -- Deadline for hotel reservation at the Holiday Inn's conference rate
July 27, 2007 -- Deadline for mail-in payment
August 7-10 2007 -- Knowledge Building Summer Institute